- Nominate directly via the category links in the 'NOMINATION' drop-down menu above.
- Nominations are open to individuals and families involved in farming enterprises or rural communities.
- Entrants can nominate themselves or be nominated by a third party.
- Please answer all questions in the nomination form.
- Nominations must not exceed 1000 words.
- Nominations must be completed on the form specific to the category being entered.
- The Awards for Excellence will be chosen from finalists of the Australian Farmer of the Year and Young Farmer of the Year award categories.
- Nominations remain the property of Kondinin Group Limited and ABC Rural. Information and any photos provided may be used for promotional purposes and made available to Award Sponsors.
- Opening date: Nominations will open at 9am AWST, Monday 25 June 2018. Forms will be available online via www.farmeroftheyear.com.au
- Closing date: Nominations must be completed no later than 5pm AWST, Tuesday 31 July 2018.
- Nominees submit their application on the understanding they may be required to fulfil promotional duties as requested by Kondinin Group Limited, ABC Rural and the Award Sponsor; including but not limited to, interviews for radio programs or case studies in media.
- Judging will be based on the merit of the nominations received and any subsequent information as requested, including but not limited to, follow-up interviews, referee checks and/or business visits.
- The preliminary judging panel will consist of representatives of the Award Hosts Kondinin Group Limited and ABC Rural. The preliminary judging panel will select five nominees from each category to be shortlisted, referee checked and sent to the shortlisted judging panel for evaluation.
- The shortlisted judging panel will consist of representatives of the Award Sponsors and organisers. The shortlisted judging panel will select three finalist nominees from each category to be sent to the independent judging panel for final evaluation.
- The independent judging panel’s decision will be final.
Announcement and winners
- Award winners will be announced and presented at the Australian Farmer of the Year Awards luncheon, to be held at Parliament House in Canberra on the 16 October 2018.
- Winners will be notified prior to the awards announcement and invited to attend the awards luncheon in Canberra. Unsuccessful applicants will be notified by email prior to the official announcement event.
- Winners will not release information of their win to any other person or media outlet without express consent from Kondinin Group Limited until 5pm AEST 16 October 2018.
- Flights and accommodation will be provided for the winner of each category.
- Where applicable, winners agree to be accessible to category sponsors within reason and at the sponsors cost (for out of pocket expenses) for 12-months following award acceptance.